|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Sodium Chlorate.
(1) Personnel shall be instructed in the handling precautions and special work procedures when working with Sodium Chlorate.
NOTE: Refer to Manufacturing Chemists Association Chemical Data Sheet No. SD-42 (Sodium Chlorate).
(2) Personnel exposed to direct contact with Sodium Chlorate shall be provided with and shall wear personal protective clothing as required by Article 10.
(3) Facilities for storage and handling of Sodium Chlorate shall be designed, constructed and maintained to eliminate possible contact of dry or evaporated Sodium Chlorate with wood or other material which could cause a fire or explosion.
(b) Chlorine Dioxide.
(1) Where a safety shower is not immediately available and welding or other sources of ignition are present, a "jump tank" shall be provided for employees exposed to contact with sodium chlorate and/or other hazardous chemicals.
(2) Welding or burning shall not be performed on the generator system while it is operating.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 9-15-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 38).
Go Back to Article 64 Table of Contents