| Return to index
(a) When dies are being changed or maintenance is being performed on the press, the following shall be accomplished:
(1) The power to the press shall be locked out in accordance with Section 3314.
(2) The flywheel shall be at rest.
(3) The ram shall be blocked with a material the strength of which shall meet or exceed the specifications or dimensions shown in Table FM-1.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 10-25-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 43).
2. Amendment filed 12-16-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 51).
Go Back to Article 56 Table of Contents