|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) When dies are being changed or maintenance is being performed on the press, the following shall be accomplished:
(1) The power to the press shall be locked out in accordance with Section 3314.
(2) The flywheel shall be at rest.
(3) The ram shall be blocked with a material the strength of which shall meet or exceed the specifications or dimensions shown in Table FM-1.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 10-25-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 43).
2. Amendment filed 12-16-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 51).
Go Back to Article 56 Table of Contents