|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Inspection, Maintenance and Repairs:
(1) Inspection, maintenance and repairs shall be performed by a qualified person in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
(2) If the manufacturer is no longer in business and manufacturer's specifications are no longer available, required inspection, maintenance and repairs shall be performed by a qualified person under the direction of a registered professional engineer experienced in the design of elevating work platforms or aerial devices.
(3) The materials used in the repair of aerial devices and elevating work platforms shall conform to standard specifications of strength, dimensions, and weights, and shall be selected to safely support the rated work load.
(b) Electrical wiring and equipment shall comply with the provisions of the California Electrical Safety Orders (CCR Title 8).
(c) All exposed surfaces shall be free from sharp edges, burrs, or other hazardous projections.
(d) Records. Records of inspections and repairs shall be maintained for at least three years and be made available to the Division upon request.
(1) Records of inspections shall document the date of inspection, and any deficiencies found, the corrective action recommended and identification of the persons or entities performing the inspection.
(2) Records of repairs shall include the date of any such repair, a description of the work accomplished and identification of the persons or entities performing the work.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 10-12-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 41).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 4-29-96; operative 5-29-96 (Register 96, No. 18).
3. Amendment of section heading and section filed 2-27-2006; operative 3-29-2006
(Register 2006, No. 9).
Go Back to Article 24 Table of Contents