|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) This Article applies to elevating work platforms and vehicle mounted or self-propelled aerial devices which are used to position personnel, along with their tools and necessary materials, to work locations.
(b) This Article does not apply to:
(1) Mobile ladder stands and scaffolds (towers) (covered in Article 23).
(2) Powered platforms for exterior building maintenance (covered in Article 6).
(3) Vertically adjustable platforms used primarily to raise and lower materials or materials-handling equipment, or both, with their operating personnel necessary to transfer such materials between varying elevations (covered in Article 14, Construction Safety Orders).
(4) Industrial Trucks, Tractors, Haulage Vehicles, and Earth Moving Equipment (covered in Article 25).
(5) Fire fighting equipment.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New Article 24 ( §§ 3636-3646) filed 10-17-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 42).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 3-7-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 10).
3. Amendment filed 10-12-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 41).
4. New subsection (b)(5) filed 4-29-96; operative 5-29-96 (Register 96, No. 18).
Go Back to Article 24 Table of Contents