| Return to index
(a) Automotive lifts manufactured on or before August 17, 1994 shall be labeled with the following information:
(1) Name of the manufacturer.
(2) Either the Division approval number or statement of compliance with ANSI B153.1-1974 or ANSI B153.1-1981.
(4) Date of installation or manufacture.
(b) Automotive lifts manufactured after August 17, 1994, through July 28, 2005, shall be labeled with a statement of compliance indicating that the lift was manufactured to conform to the requirements of ANSI/ALI B153.1-1990, or may conform to the requirements of subsection (c).
(c) Automotive lifts manufactured after July 28, 2005, shall be labeled with a statement of compliance indicating that the lift was manufactured to conform to the requirements of ANSI/ALI ALCTV-1998, Section 8, "Construction" and Section 9.2 "Testing".
(d) Labels shall be legibly stamped, etched, or embossed on a durable plate, which shall be permanently attached to the lift in a location where it can be conveniently inspected. Labels shall not be obscured, obliterated or changed.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 10-8-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 41).
2. Amendment filed 12-19-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 1).
3. Amendment filed 10-15-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 44).
4. Amendment of subsection (a), new subsection (b) and subsection relettering,
and amendment of newly designated subsection (c) filed 7-18-94; operative 8-17-
94 (Register 94, No. 29).
5. Amendment filed 6-28-2005; operative 7-28-2005 (Register 2005, No. 26).