|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Automotive lifts manufactured on or before August 17, 1994 shall be labeled with the following information:
(1) Name of the manufacturer.
(2) Either the Division approval number or statement of compliance with ANSI B153.1-1974 or ANSI B153.1-1981.
(4) Date of installation or manufacture.
(b) Automotive lifts manufactured after August 17, 1994, through July 28, 2005, shall be labeled with a statement of compliance indicating that the lift was manufactured to conform to the requirements of ANSI/ALI B153.1-1990, or may conform to the requirements of subsection (c).
(c) Automotive lifts manufactured after July 28, 2005, shall be labeled with a statement of compliance indicating that the lift was manufactured to conform to the requirements of ANSI/ALI ALCTV-1998, Section 8, "Construction" and Section 9.2 "Testing".
(d) Labels shall be legibly stamped, etched, or embossed on a durable plate, which shall be permanently attached to the lift in a location where it can be conveniently inspected. Labels shall not be obscured, obliterated or changed.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 10-8-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 41).
2. Amendment filed 12-19-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 1).
3. Amendment filed 10-15-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 44).
4. Amendment of subsection (a), new subsection (b) and subsection relettering,
and amendment of newly designated subsection (c) filed 7-18-94; operative 8-17-
94 (Register 94, No. 29).
5. Amendment filed 6-28-2005; operative 7-28-2005 (Register 2005, No. 26).
Go Back to Article 19 Table of Contents