Article 2.5. Registration--Asbestos- Related Work
| Return to index
(a) When an employer will be conducting separate jobs or phases of work which are the subject of the registration required under this article, or where the work process may differ or is performed at noncontiguous locations, written notice shall be provided to the nearest District Office of the Division prior to commencement of any such work activity, except where the circumstances require immediate abatement action in which case, the employer shall immediately notify the nearest district office by telephone or otherwise orally of the start of work, to be confirmed in writing no later than 24 hours thereafter.
The written notice shall contain the following:
(1) The address of the job.
(2) The precise physical location of the job at the given address.
(3) The projected starting and completion date.
(4) The name of the certified supervisor who has sufficient experience and authority and who will be responsible for the asbestos-related work activity.
(5) The name of the qualified person who will be responsible for conducting air sampling, calibration of air sampling equipment, evaluation of sampling results, and respiratory fit testing as well as the evaluation of those tests.
(6) A description of the type of work to be performed, work practices that will be utilized, and an evaluation of the potential for exposure.
Any change in the information provided the Division by the written notice shall be reported to the Division at or before the time of the change. If notification of any change is made by telephone, or otherwise orally, such notification shall be confirmed immediately in writing but in any event no later than 24 hours after the change.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 60.5, 6308 and 6501.5, Labor Code. Reference: Section 6501.5, Labor Code.
1. New Section filed 5-22-87; operative upon filing (Register 87, No. 22).
2. Amendment filed 8-1-88 as an emergency; operative 8-1-88 (Register 88, No. 32). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 11-29-88.
3. Certificate of Compliance transmitted to OAL 11-29-88 and filed 12-29-88 (Register 89, No. 2).
Go Back to Article 2.5 Table of Contents