Article 2.5. Registration--Asbestos- Related Work
| Return to index
(a) An employer subject to the provisions of Section 341.6 of this Article shall register with the Division by applying for and obtaining a registration from the Division. Registration application forms may be obtained by writing or calling the headquarter offices of the Division located at 525 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102.
(b) Registration application form. A registration may be issued to any employer subject to the provisions of this article following the filing of a completed registration application form and full compliance with all the requirements thereof. All information and attachments given with the application for registration shall be given under penalty of perjury.
The registration application form shall contain the following:
(1) If a contractor, proof of certification if required pursuant to Section 7058.5 of the Business and Professions Code.
(2) Proof that sufficient health insurance coverage has been obtained to cover the entire cost of medical examinations and monitoring required by law or present proof that a $500 trust account has been provided for each employee engaged in such asbestos related work. In addition the employer must provide proof of coverage for worker's compensation insurance.
(3) Proof that all training and certification requirements for employees engaged in asbestos-related work have been completed in accordance with all requirements of law and section 5208, Title 8, California Code of Regulations.
(4) Proof that the employer has knowledge of the applicable occupational safety and health standards, and will comply with such standards and any other such lawful orders of the Division. In addition, that the conditions, practices, means, methods, operations or processes used or proposed to be used will provide a safe and healthful place of employment and that the employer is proficient in and has the necessary equipment to safely perform asbestos-related work.
(c) An employer may renew the registration by filing an application for renewal meeting the criteria of subsection (b) hereof, and paying a renewal fee as set forth in section 341.12(b) of this article. The application for renewal must be filed with the Division no later than thirty (30) days prior to the expiration date of the current registration.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 60.5, 6308 and 6501.5, Labor Code. Reference: Section 6501.5, Labor Code; Section 7058.5, Business and Professions Code; and Section 15376, Government Code.
1. New section filed 5-22-87; operative upon filing (Register 87, No. 22).
2. Amendment of subsection (b)(3) and new subsection (c) filed 12-29-88; operative 12-29-88 (Register 89, No. 2).
Go Back to Article 2.5 Table of Contents