|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Protection against burns or injury to the ears and neck shall be provided by one or more of the following means, or other equivalent methods:
(1) Helmet configuration;
(2) Ear flap attachment to helmet;
(3) Flexible neck protector cape or winter liner worn with helmet;
(4) Flared neck shield attached to brim of helmet;
(5) Hood, shroud or snood;
(6) High collar and throat strap.
(b) Fabric specified in this section shall be constructed and tested in accordance with the provisions of Section 3406, Body Protection.
(c) Non-fabric materials shall meet heat and flame resistance requirements of Section 3403, Head Protection.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New NOTE filed 4-29-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 18).
Go Back to Article 10.1 Table of Contents