| Return to index
(a) Protection against burns or injury to the ears and neck shall be provided by one or more of the following means, or other equivalent methods:
(1) Helmet configuration;
(2) Ear flap attachment to helmet;
(3) Flexible neck protector cape or winter liner worn with helmet;
(4) Flared neck shield attached to brim of helmet;
(5) Hood, shroud or snood;
(6) High collar and throat strap.
(b) Fabric specified in this section shall be constructed and tested in accordance with the provisions of Section 3406, Body Protection.
(c) Non-fabric materials shall meet heat and flame resistance requirements of Section 3403, Head Protection.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New NOTE filed 4-29-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 18).
Go Back to Article 10.1 Table of Contents