Article 6. Workers' Compensation Loss Control Consultation Services, Annual Health and Safety Loss Control Plan--Requirements and Procedures
| Return to index
(a) Every insurer seeking certification or recertification shall submit an annual plan as required by section 339.7(c)(5).
(b) The annual plan shall detail the insurer's program objectives for delivering loss control consultation services to those insureds selected as targeted employers, and shall include, at a minimum, the following:
(1) A budget;
(2) The methodology used by the insurer to select targeted employers;
NOTE: Section 339.11 contains guidelines for selecting targeted employers.
(3) One-year and three-year loss reduction goals for targeted employers;
(4) Size, type, and identity of each targeted employer for the coming year; and
(5) A description of the loss control consultation services provided to targeted employers during the previous year, including:
(A) Identity of targeted employers served and a summary of the services provided to each;
(B) Total expenditures for all targeted employers served;
(C) Evaluation of the effectiveness of the consultations provided, including the extent to which the previous year's loss reduction goals were met for targeted employers and an analysis of any failure to meet such goals; and
(D) A list of all employers to whom loss control consultation services have been provided through an entity other than the insurer or the insurance group to which the insurer belongs. The list shall include the identities and qualifications of the personnel who provided the consultation services.
(c) The plan shall demonstrate that the insurer has reliably identified as targeted employers those of its insureds who have the greatest worker's compensation losses and most significant preventable health and safety hazards, and that the insurer's loss control consultation services will effectively serve the needs of targeted employers.
(d) The Division shall maintain the confidentiality of all information provided by the plan, except for aggregate statistical data.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 54 and 55, Labor Code; and section 11721, Insurance Code. Reference: Section 11721, Insurance Code.
1. New section filed 1-10-94 as an emergency; operative 1-10-94 (Register 94, No. 2). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 5-10-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled with amendment of subsection (c) 4-26-94 as an emergency; operative 4-26-94 (Register 94, No. 17). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 8-24-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 4-26-94 order transmitted to OAL and filed 10-6-94 (Register 94, No. 40).
Go Back to Article 6 Table of Contents