| Return to index
(a) General Maintenance. All parts of the equipment affecting safe operation shall be maintained in proper working order so that they may perform the functions for which they were intended. The equipment shall be taken out of service when any part is not in proper working order.
(1) Control or power contractors and relays shall be kept clean.
(2) All other parts shall be kept clean if their proper functioning would be affected by the presence of dirt or other contaminants.
(c) Periodic Resocketing of Wire Rope Fastenings.
(1) Hoisting ropes utilizing poured socket fastenings shall be resocketed at the non-drum ends at intervals not exceeding 24 months. In resocketing the ropes, a sufficient length shall be cut from the end of the rope to remove damaged or fatigued portions.
(2) Resocketed ropes shall conform to the requirements of Section 3295(g).
(3) Limit switches affected by the resocketed ropes shall be reset, if necessary.
(d) Periodic Reshackling of Suspension Wire Ropes. The hoisting ropes shall be reshackled at the nondrum ends at intervals not exceeding 24 months. When reshackling the ropes, a sufficient length shall be cut from the end of the rope to remove damaged or fatigued portions.
(e) Roof Systems. Roof track systems, tie-downs, or similar equipment shall be maintained in proper working order so that they perform the function for which they were intended.
(f) Building Face Guiding Members. T-rails, indented mullions, or equivalent guides located in the face of a building shall be maintained in proper working order so that they perform the functions for which they were intended. Brackets for cable stabilizers shall similarly be maintained in proper working order.
(g) Inoperative Safety Devices. No person shall render a required safety device or electrical protective device inoperative, except as necessary for tests, inspections, and maintenance. Immediately upon completion of such tests, inspections and maintenance, the device shall be restored to its normal operating condition.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, LaborCode. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and and new section filed 3-9-93; operative 4-8-93 (Register 93, No. 11). For prior history, see Register 83, No. 41.
Go Back to Article 6 Table of Contents