| Return to index
(a) Operation and maintenance of reversible aerial tramways shall comply with ANSI-B77.1-1982 and 1986, 1988 addenda, Section 2.3 which is hereby incorporated by reference. Section 2.3.6 does not apply to operation and maintenance and is not incorporated by reference.
(b) Reversible Aerial Tramways shall be provided with an approved weather monitoring system which shall include but not be limited to the following:
(1) Anemometers shall be installed on the top terminal and each tower;
(2) Anemometers and indicators shall be installed at the operator's main console showing wind speed and direction indicated by all anemometers within the tramway system with the exception of cabin instruments;
(3) When the tramway is operated in rime forming conditions, the anemometer shall be protected in order to maintain accuracy;
(4) A clinometer, calibrated in degrees, shall be installed in each cabin;
(5) When wind conditions as indicated by any of the wind velocity measuring devices exceed those determined to be safe by engineering calculations and operating experience, the tramway shall be unloaded and operation discontinued;
(6) The operator is to develop and implement a shut down procedure, to be in writing, to include but not limited to, the manufacturer's recommendation for weather operating conditions.
(7) An outline of the weather monitoring systems and the shut down procedure for weather operating conditions shall be filed with the Division.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 3-23-93; operative 4-22-93 (Register 93, No. 13).
Go Back to Article 3 Table of Contents