|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) The owner shall develop, implement, and maintain a written maintenance program for special access lifts in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. The maintenance shall be performed by a qualified person and the maintenance program shall include the following:
(1) A routine maintenance to be performed not less than once every six months; and
(2) A procedure for checking the operation of the lift to be conducted not less than weekly.
(b) A log shall be established and maintained indicating the following:
(1) Completion date of all maintenance or repair;
(2) Name of person doing the maintenance or repair;
(3) Nature of the maintenance or repair;
(4) Record of all malfunctions;
(5) Record of all accidents occurring on the lift regardless of the nature of the injury;
(6) A record of the time when the operational check as required in section 3094.5(a)(2) was conducted, and name of the person conducting it; and
(7) Name and telephone number of person(s) to contact in case of an emergency.
(c) The log as required in section 3094.5(b) shall be available to the Division at the time of the required inspection.
(d) The owner shall keep at the premises where the special access lift is installed a complete set of manufacturer’s maintenance and operational instructions including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Wiring diagram;
(2) Structure diagram;
(3) Instructions for the operation of the manual lowering device (if provided); and
(4) Key(s) which is clearly labeled for the access panel.
(e) The special access lift shall be tested every five years for proper operation under rated load conditions, witnessed by the Division. The test shall include a check of the car or platform safety device, if applicable.
(Title 24, Part 7, Section 7-3094.5)
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 18943(b), Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 4-9-98; operative 5-9-98 (Register 98, No. 15).
Go Back to Article 15 Table of Contents