| Return to index
(a) General Requirements.
(1) All tanks shall be of sufficient capacity to provide for an adequate liquid reserve to prevent the entrance of air or other gas into the system.
(2) The permissible minimum liquid level shall be clearly indicated.
(b) Storage and Discharge Tanks.
Storage and discharge tanks shall conform to the following:
(1) They shall be covered and suitably vented to the atmosphere.
(2) They shall be so designed and constructed that, when completely filled, the factor of safety shall be at least 4 based on the ultimate strength of the material.
(3) Welding of parts on which safe operation depends shall conform to Section 3033(g).
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New NOTE filed 12-8-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86. No. 50).
Go Back to Article 9 Table of Contents