| Return to index
(a) Applicable Requirements. The requirements of Section 3037 covering capacity and loading shall apply to hydraulic elevators except for the following:
(1) With Class C2 loading, all parts of the hydraulic equipment shall be designed for the maximum pressure developed in the system during loading and unloading.
(2) The crosshead data plate or plates shall indicate the following:
(A) The weight of the complete car and the auxiliary equipment attached to the car, excluding the plunger and cylinder where they are not part of the car frame.
(B) The rated load and speed.
(C) The outside diameter and wall thickness of the finished plunger.
(D) The manufacturer's name and date of installation.
(3) The requirements of Section 3037(g) for lifting one-piece loads do not apply. Hydraulic elevators shall not be loaded to exceed their rated load as specified on the capacity plate unless designed and installed to carry one-piece loads exceeding their rated load.
(4) The requirements of Design Section 3100(b), Additional Requirements for Passenger Overload, do not apply to hydroelectric elevators.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (a)(2)(A) filed 11-24-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 48).
2. New NOTE filed 12-8-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86. No. 50).
Go Back to Article 9 Table of Contents