| Return to index
(a) Machine and Sheave Beams, Supports, and Foundations. Overhead sheave beams and their supports for counterweights, where provided, shall conform to Section 3015.
(b) Pits. Elevator pits shall conform to Section 3016, except the bottom clearance and runby shall be determined by Section 3054.
(c) The pump unit and tank shall be supported and maintained in place to conform to Section 3111(c)(3).
(d) Structural Members for Offset Car Frame Elevators. Structural members used to attach guide rails, plungers and cylinders to the building shall be designed to withstand four times the static loads imposed by the class of loading used.
(Title 24, Part 7, Section 7-3053)
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New subsection (c) filed 9-5-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 36).
2. New subsection (d) filed 5-25-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 22).
3. Subsection (c) which was filed 9-5-75 (Register 75, No. 36), was approved by the Building Standards Commission 3-26-76. History note printed in Register 78, No. 30, for technical reasons.
4. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 12-22-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 1).
5. Amendment filed 12-8-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 50).