| Return to index
(a) A motor-circuit switch, molded case switch, or circuit breaker shall be provided in the leads from the runway contact conductors or other power supply on all cranes and monorail hoists.
Exception: The disconnecting means may be omitted where a monorail hoist or hand-propelled crane bridge installation meets all of the following conditions:
(1) The unit is controlled from the ground or floor level;
(2) The unit is within view of the power supply disconnecting means; and
(3) No fixed work platform has been provided for servicing the unit.
(b) The disconnecting means shall be capable of being locked in the open position.
(c) Means shall be provided at the operating station to open the power circuit to all motors of the crane or monorail hoist where the disconnecting means is not readily accessible from the crane or monorail hoist operating station.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment deleting subsection (a) designation only filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Editorial correction of printing error in Exception3 (Register 94, No. 26).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 8-25-2003; operative 9-24-2003 (Register 2003, No. 35).
5. Amendment of section heading and repealer and new section filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to LaborCode 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).
Go Back to Article 74 Table of Contents