| Return to index
(a) A disconnecting means shall be provided between the runway contact conductors and the power supply. Such disconnecting means shall consist of a motor-circuit switch, circuit breaker, or molded case switch. The disconnecting means shall open all ungrounded conductors simultaneously and shall be:
(1) Readily accessible and operable from the ground or floor level;
(2) Arranged to be locked in the open position; and
(3) Placed within view of the runway contact conductors.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 8-25-2003; operative 9- 24-2003 (Register 2003, No. 35).
4. Amendment of section heading and repealer and new section filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to LaborCode 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).