|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) A disconnecting means shall be provided between the runway contact conductors and the power supply. Such disconnecting means shall consist of a motor-circuit switch, circuit breaker, or molded case switch. The disconnecting means shall open all ungrounded conductors simultaneously and shall be:
(1) Readily accessible and operable from the ground or floor level;
(2) Arranged to be locked in the open position; and
(3) Placed within view of the runway contact conductors.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 8-25-2003; operative 9- 24-2003 (Register 2003, No. 35).
4. Amendment of section heading and repealer and new section filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to LaborCode 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).
Go Back to Article 74 Table of Contents