(a) Definition. Bulk Plant or Terminal. That portion of a property where flammable liquids are received by tank vessels, pipelines, tank car, or tank vehicle and are stored or blended in bulk for the purpose of distributing such liquids by tank vessel, pipeline, tank car, tank vehicle, portable tank, or container.
(b) Hazardous Locations. Title 24, Part 3, California Electrical Code, Article 515 shall be used to delineate classified locations for electrical installations.
(c) Gasoline Dispensing. Where gasoline dispensing is carried on in conjunction with bulk station operations, the applicable provisions of Sections 2540.7 and 2540.8 shall apply.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 18943(b), Health and Safety Code.
1. Editorial correction of NOTE filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (b)(6)(D) filed 7-9-92 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 92, No. 28).
4. Amendment of subsections (a) and (b)(6), repealer of subsections (b)(6)(A) and (b)(6)(D), subsection relettering, new Figure 1, and amendment of Note filed 8-28-95; operative 9-27-95 (Register 95, No. 35).
5. Change without regulatory effect providing more legible illustration filed 11-6-2008 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2008, No. 45).
6. Amendment of subsections (a) and (b), repealer of subsections (b)(1)-(7) and amendment of subsection (c) filed 7-6-2015; operative 10-1-2015 (Register 2015, No. 28).