| Return to index
(a) Each motor shall be provided with an individual disconnecting means.
Exception: A single disconnecting means shall be permitted to serve a group of motors under any one of the following conditions:
(1) Where a number of motors drive several parts of a single machine or piece of apparatus, such as metal or woodworking machines, cranes, and hoists.
(2) Where a group of motors is in a single room within sight from the location of the disconnecting means.
(3) Where a group of motors is under the protection of one set of branch-circuit protective devices.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment of subsections (a)(1) and (a)(2), new subsection (a)(3) and amendment of Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).