| Return to index
(a) For portable appliances, a separable connector or an attachment plug and receptacle shall be permitted to serve as the disconnecting means.
(b) The rating of a receptacle or of a separable connector shall not be less than the rating of any appliance connected thereto.
EXCEPTION: Demand factors authorized elsewhere in these Orders shall be permitted to be applied.
(c) Attachment plugs and connectors shall conform to the following:
(1) Energized Parts. They shall be so constructed and installed as to guard against inadvertent contact with energized parts.
(2) Interrupting Capacity. They shall be capable of interrupting their rated current without hazard to the operator.
(3) Interchange ability. They shall be so designed that they will not fit into receptacles of lesser rating.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 18943(c), Health and Safety Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
Go Back to Article 52 Table of Contents