|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Unless specifically permitted otherwise in Section 2500.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used:
(1) as a substitute for the fixed wiring of a structure;
(2) where run through holes in walls, ceilings, or floors;
(3) where run through doorways, windows or similar openings;
(4) where attached to building surfaces;
(5) where concealed behind building walls, ceilings, or floors; or
(6) Where installed in raceways, except as otherwise permitted in these Electrical Safety Orders.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).Go Back to Article 49 Table of Contents