| Return to index
(a) Identification of Conductors.
(1) A conductor used as a grounded conductor shall be identifiable and distinguishable from all other conductors.
(2) A conductor used as an equipment grounding conductor shall be identifiable and distinguishable from all other conductors.
(b) Polarity of Connections. No grounded or grounding conductor shall be attached to any terminal or lead so as to reverse designated polarity.
(c) Use of Grounding Terminals and Devices. A grounding terminal or grounding-type device on a receptacle, cord connector, or attachment plug shall not be used for purposes other than grounding.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new subsection (a) filed 8-9-79; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 32).
2. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
3. Amendment of Title 24 cross reference filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
4. Amendment of article heading, repealer and new section and amendment of Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).
Go Back to Article 5 Table of Contents