|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Identification of Manufacturer and Ratings.
Electric equipment shall not be used unless the following markings have been placed on the equipment:
(1) The manufacturer's name, trademark, or other descriptive marking by which the organization responsible for the product may be identified; and
(2) Other markings giving voltage, current, wattage, or other ratings.
(b) Durability. The marking shall be of sufficient durability to withstand the environment involved.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment deleting subsection (a) designation only filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Repealer and new section and amendment of Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5- 5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).
Go Back to Article 4 Table of Contents