| Return to index
(a) Identification of Manufacturer and Ratings.
Electric equipment shall not be used unless the following markings have been placed on the equipment:
(1) The manufacturer's name, trademark, or other descriptive marking by which the organization responsible for the product may be identified; and
(2) Other markings giving voltage, current, wattage, or other ratings.
(b) Durability. The marking shall be of sufficient durability to withstand the environment involved.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment deleting subsection (a) designation only filed 8-27-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 37).
3. Repealer and new section and amendment of Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5- 5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).
Go Back to Article 4 Table of Contents