(a) Framed panels for structures shall be securely anchored, guyed, or braced to prevent them from falling.
(b) Form panels for concrete structures shall be securely anchored, guyed, or braced to prevent them from falling or collapsing.
(1) Panels and forms exceeding 500 pounds shall have lifting attachments with a safety factor of 4.
(2) Nailed lifting attachments shall not be used.
(c) Reinforcing steel shall not be used as a guy or brace to support framed panels or concrete forms from falling.
(d) The application of form release oil or oil to horizontal formwork shall not be done until the carpentry work on the form has been completed.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Renumbering from section 1714 filed 11-1-73; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 73, No. 44).
2. Amendment filed 6-21-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 25).
3. Amendment of section heading filed 1-16-92; operative 2-17-92 (Register 92, No. 12).
4. Amendment of section heading and subsections (b)(1) and (c) and new subsection (d) filed 10-26-2017; operative 1-1-2018 (Register 2017, No. 43).