|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Framed panels for structures shall be securely anchored, guyed, or braced to prevent them from falling.
(b) Form panels for concrete structures shall be securely anchored, guyed, or braced to prevent them from falling or collapsing.
(1) Panels exceeding 500 pounds shall have lifting attachments with a safety factor of 4.
(2) Nailed lifting attachments shall not be used.
(c) Reinforcing steel shall not be used as guy attachments.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Renumbering from section 1714 filed 11-1-73; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 73, No. 44).
2. Amendment filed 6-21-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 25).
3. Amendment of section heading filed 1-16-92; operative 2-17-92 (Register 92, No. 12).
Go Back to Article 29 Table of Contents