|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Only powder-actuated tools shall be used that:
(1) are approved for their intended use as defined in Section 1505 of these orders, or
(2) have California approval numbers.
EXCEPTION: This article does not apply to devices designed for attaching objects to soft construction materials such as wood, plaster, tar, dry wallboard, or to stud welding equipment.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer of Article 27 (Sections 1684-1692) and new Article 27 (Sections 1684-1692) filed 7-27-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 31). For prior history, see Register 75, No. 2.
2. Repealer and new section filed 10-16-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 42).
3. Amendment filed 4-22-98; operative 5-22-98 (Register 98, No. 17).
Go Back to Article 27 Table of Contents