| Return to index
(a) Only powder-actuated tools shall be used that:
(1) are approved for their intended use as defined in Section 1505 of these orders, or
(2) have California approval numbers.
EXCEPTION: This article does not apply to devices designed for attaching objects to soft construction materials such as wood, plaster, tar, dry wallboard, or to stud welding equipment.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer of Article 27 (Sections 1684-1692) and new Article 27 (Sections 1684-1692) filed 7-27-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 31). For prior history, see Register 75, No. 2.
2. Repealer and new section filed 10-16-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 42).
3. Amendment filed 4-22-98; operative 5-22-98 (Register 98, No. 17).