This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.
Chapter 4.5. Division of Workers' Compensation
Subchapter 1. Administrative Director--Administrative Rules
Article 7. Schedule for Rating Permanent Disabilities
§9805. Schedule for Rating Permanent Disabilities, Adoption, Amendment.
The method for the determination of percentages of permanent disability is set
forth in the Schedule for Rating Permanent Disabilities, which has been adopted
by the Administrative Director effective January 1, 2005, and which is hereby
incorporated by reference in its entirety as though it were set forth below. The
schedule adopts and incorporates the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides
to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment 5th Edition. The schedule shall be effective
for dates of injury on or after January 1, 2005 and for dates of injury prior
to January 1, 2005, in accordance with subdivision (d) of Labor Code section 4660,
and it shall be amended at least once every five years.
The schedule may be downloaded from the Division of Workers' Compensation website
Authority cited: Sections 133 and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4660,
4662, 4663 and 4664, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 12-8-69; designated effective 1-1-70 (Register 69, No. 50).
2. Amendment filed 12-14-72; designated effective 1-1-73 (Register 72, No. 51).
3. Editorial correction (Register 81, No. 31).
4. Amendment filed 7-15-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No.
5. Editorial correction of 7-15-83 order redesignating effective date to 8-1-83
pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) filed 7-19-83 (Register 83, No.
6. Amendment of section and Note filed 12-31-2004 as an emergency; operative 1-1-2005
(Register 2004, No. 53). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL
by 5-2-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the
7. Certificate of Compliance as to 12-31-2004 order, including further amendment
of section, transmitted to OAL 4-29-2005 and filed 6-10-2005 (Register 2005,
Back to Article 7. Appeals, Table of Contents