|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
As used in this article:
(a) "Certified" means an interpreter who is certified in accordance with subdivision (e) of Section 11513 of the Government Code or Section 68562 of the Government Code.
(b) "Claims Administrator" means a self-administered insurer providing security for the payment of compensation required by Divisions 4 and 4.5 of the Labor Code, a self-administered self-insured employer, or a third-party claims administrator for a self-insured employer, insurer, legally uninsured employer, or joint powers authority.
(c) "Full day" means services performed which exceed one-half day, up to 8 hours.
(d) "One-half day" means:
(1) When appearing at any Workers' Compensation Appeals Board hearing, daytime arbitration or formal rehabilitation conference, all or any part of a morning or afternoon session.
(2) When appearing at a deposition, all or any part of 3.5 hours.
(3) When appearing at an evening arbitration, all or any part of 3 hours.
(e) "Provisionally certified" means an interpreter who is deemed to be qualified to perform services under this article, when a certified interpreter cannot be present, by (A) the residing officer at an appeals board hearing, arbitration, or formal rehabilitation conference, at the request of a party or parties, or (B) agreement of the parties for any services provided under this article other than at an appeals board hearing, arbitration, or formal rehabilitation conference.
(f) "Qualified interpreter" means an interpreter who is certified or provisionally certified.
(g) "Travel time" means the time an interpreter actually travels to and from the place where service is to be rendered and his or her place of business.
(h) "Market rate" means that amount an interpreter has actually been paid for recent interpreter services provided in connection with the preparation and resolution of an employee's claim.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 133, 5307.3, 5710 and 5811, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4600, 4620, 4621, 5710 and 5811, Labor Code; and Sections 11513 and 68562, Government Code.
1. New article 5.7 (sections 9795.1-9795.4) and section filed 1-28-94; operative 1-28-94. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 94, No. 4).
2. Repealer of subsection (g), subsection relettering, and new Note filed 12-30-96; operative 12-30-96 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d). Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 97, No. 1).
Go Back to Article 5.7 Table of Contents