|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
b. Employers or insurers whose MPNs were approved pursuant to the emergency Medical Provider Network regulations are not required to submit a Notice of MPN Plan Modification to comply with the new or revised sections of the permanent regulations, including:
1. Section 9767.3(d)(8)(C) or Section 9767.3(d)(16) regarding the contractual agreements contained in the Application for a Medical Provider Network Plan provisions.
2. Sections 9767.5(e)(1), (e)(2), (e)(3), (e)(4), 9767.5(h) and 9767.5(i) of the Access Standards provisions.
3. Section 9767.9(g) provision providing a timeline for the treating physician's report and what happens if the treating physician fails to issue a timely report contained in the Transfer of Ongoing Care into the MPN provisions.
4. Section 9767.10(b)(c) and (d) of the Continuity of Care provisions.
5. Section 9767.12(a), (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), (a)(4) and (a)(5) of the Employee Notification provisions.
c. At the time an employer or insurer with an approved MPN pursuant to the emergency Medical Provider Network regulations submits a Notice of MPN Plan Modification, the employer or insurer shall be required to verify compliance with the sections of the MPN permanent regulations listed in subdivision (b) above.
Authority cited: Sections 133, 4616(g) and 5300(f), Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4609, 4616, 4616.2 and 4616.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 9-9-2005; operative 9-9-2005 (Register 2005, No. 36).
Go Back to Article 3.5 Table of Contents