(b) An MPN applicant denied approval may either:
(1) Submit a corrected application or plan for reapproval addressing the deficiencies; or
(2) Request a re-evaluation by the Administrative Director.
(c) Any MPN applicant may request a re-evaluation by submitting with the Division, within 20 days of the issuance of the Notice of Disapproval, a written request for re-evaluation with a detailed statement explaining the basis upon which a re-evaluation is requested. The request for a re-evaluation shall be accompanied by supportive documentary material relevant to the specific allegations raised and shall be verified under penalty of perjury. The MPN application at issue shall not be re-filed; it shall be made part of the administrative record by incorporation by reference.
(d) The Administrative Director shall, within 45 days of the receipt of the request for a re-evaluation, either:
(e) The Administrative Director may extend the time specified in subdivision (d) within which to act upon the request for a re-evaluation for a period of 30 days and may order a party to submit additional documents or information.
(f) An MPN applicant may appeal the Administrative Director's decision and order regarding the MPN by filing, within twenty (20) days of the issuance of the decision and order, a “Petition Appealing Administrative Director's Medical Provider Network Determination” with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board pursuant to WCAB Rule 10959. A copy of the petition shall be concurrently served on the Administrative Director.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 133, 4616(h) and 5300(f), Labor Code. Reference: Section 4616, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 11-1-2004 as an emergency; operative 11-1-2004 (Register 2004, No. 45). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 3-1-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 2-28-2005 as an emergency; operative 3-1-2005 (Register 2005, No. 9). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-29-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. New section refiled 6-20-2005 as an emergency; operative 6-29-2005 (Register 2005, No. 25). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-27-2005 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-20-2005 order, including amendment of section heading, section and Note, transmitted to OAL 7-29-2005 and filed 9-9-2005 (Register 2005, No. 36).
5. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 8-27-2014; operative 8-27-2014 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2014, No. 35).