(a) Voluntarily developed training standards for journeyman on-the-job training programs shall be approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards if those standards meet the following criteria:
(1) They are agreed to and submitted in writing by the parties to any applicable collective bargaining agreement, by an employer, an employer association, or a union or its representative, and signed by the parties affected.
(2) The program is designed for journeymen in an apprenticeable occupation to keep them abreast of current techniques, methods and materials and to provide them opportunities for advancement in their industries and does not replace apprentices in approved apprenticeship programs.
(3) The period of training is of not less than three months' duration.
(4) There are adequate facilities, equipment and personnel to provide training.
(5) Provision is made for:
(A) Training in safety and safe practices.
(B) Necessary related and supplemental instruction, where applicable. Related and supplemental instruction will be administered by state and local boards responsible for vocational education.
(C) Adequate supervision and administration of the program.
(D) Adequate records to be kept to show the progress made by each journeyman in training toward the training objective.
(E) Journeymen in training to be selected, employed and trained under fair and impartial procedures without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, creed or age.
(F) Recommending issuance of State Certificates of Training to journeymen in training upon successful completion of training, attested to by the journeyman training program sponsor(s) by competent evidence which is defined as a transcript or abstract of the records required to be maintained pursuant to Section 282(a)(5)(D).
(G) Each journeyman in training to sign an agreement based on the provisions of the training standards, with a copy filed with the training program sponsor.
(b) Journeyman on-the-job programs may be administered by a joint training committee, a unilateral training committee or a single employer.
Authority cited: Section 3071, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 3090 and 3093, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 9-27-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 40).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 8-29-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 36).
3. Amendment filed 5-12-98; operative 6-11-98 (Register 98, No. 20).