This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.
TITLE 8. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
Article 2. QME Eligibility
DIVISION 1. DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
CHAPTER 1. DIVISION OF WORKERS' COMPENSATION-QUALIFIED MEDICAL EVALUATOR
§18. QME Fee Due Dates.
(a) All physicians, regardless of the number of comprehensive medical-legal evaluations performed under section 17 of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations shall pay the required QME fees at yearly intervals within 30 days of receipt of notice from the Administrative Director that the QME fee for the next 12 months is due and payable. No physician who has passed the competency examination shall be placed on the active QME roster until the appropriate fee under section 17 has been paid.
(b) Any QME who fails to pay the required statutory fee within 30 days of receipt of a final notice that the fee is due shall be notified that he or she shall be terminated from the official QME roster of physicians within 30 days and shall not perform any panel QME or represented QME comprehensive medical-legal evaluation until the fee is paid.
(c) If the QME fee is not paid within two years from the due date in the final fee notice from the Administrative Director to the QME or QME applicant that the fee is due, then the physician shall resubmit a new application pursuant to Sections 10 and 11 of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations, pass the QME competency examination and pay the appropriate fee prior to regaining or obtaining QME active status.
|| Note: Authority cited: Sections 133, 139.2 and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section139.2, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 4-9-93 as an emergency; operative 4-9-93 (Register 93, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL 8-9-93 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Editorial correction amending subsections (b) and (b)(1) and Note(Register 93, No. 17).
3. New section refiled 9-16-93 with amendment of section heading and text as an emergency; operative 9-16-93 (Register 93, No. 38). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-14-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 9-16-93 order including amendments transmitted to OAL 10-28-93 and filed 12-14-93 (Register 93, No. 51).
5. Repealer filed 8-23-96; operative 9-22-96 (Register 96, No. 34).
6. Renumbering of former section 16 to section 18 filed 4-14-2000 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2000, No. 15).
7. Amendment of section and Note filed 1-13-2009; operative 2-17-2009 (Register 2009, No. 3).
Go Back to Article 2 Table of Contents