This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.
Chapter 8. Office of the Director
Subchapter 5. Department of Industrial Relations--Conflict of Interest Code
§17000. General Provisions.
The Political Reform Act (Government Code Section 81000, et seq.) requires state and local government agencies to adopt and promulgate conflict-of-interest codes. The Fair Political Practices Commission has adopted a regulation (2 California Code of Regulations Section 18730) that contains the terms of a standard conflict-of-interest code, which can be incorporated by reference in an agency's code. After public notice and hearing, the standard code may be amended by the Fair Political Practices Commission to conform to amendments in the Political Reform Act. Therefore, the terms of 2 California Code of Regulations Section 18730 and any amendments to it duly adopted by the Fair Political Practices Commission are hereby incorporated by reference. This regulation and the attached Appendices, designating positions and establishing disclosure categories, shall constitute the conflict-of-interest code of the Department of Industrial Relations (Department).
Individuals holding designated positions shall file their statements of economic interests with the Department, which will make the statements available for public inspection and reproduction. (Gov. Code Sec. 81008.) Upon receipt of the statement for the Director, the Department shall make and retain a copy and forward the original to the Fair Political Practices Commission. The Department shall forward copies of all other statements for appointed members of multi-member boards and commissions to the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Note: Authority cited: Section 87306, Government Code. Reference: Sections 87300-87302 and 87306, Government Code.
1. New Group 5 (Articles 1-7, Sections 17000-17800, not consecutive) filed 12-2-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter. Approved by the Fair Political Practices Commission 1-19-77 (Register 77, No. 49).
2. Repealer of Group 5 (Articles 1-7, Sections 17000-17800, not consecutive) and new Group 5 (Section 17000 and Appendix) filed 2-26-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter. Approved by Fair Political Practices Commission 12-1-80 (Register 81, No. 9).
3. Repealer of section and Appendix and new section and Appendix filed 3-3-2003; operative 4-2-2003. Approved by Fair Political Practices Commission 12-19-2002 (Register 2003, No. 10).
4. Amendment of Appendix B filed 11-20-2003; operative 12-20-2003. Approved by Fair Political Practices Commission 9-17-2003 (Register 2003, No. 47).
5. Amendment of appendices A and B filed 11-8-2006; operative 12-8-2006. Approved by Fair Political Practices Commission 8-31-2006 (Register 2006, No. 45).
6. Amendment of general provisions and Appendices A and B filed 5-7-2013; operative 6-6-2013 pursuant to Cal. Code Regs., tit. 2, section 18750(l). Approved by Fair Political Practices Commission 4-19-2013 and submitted to OAL for filing and printing only pursuant to Cal. Code Regs., tit. 2, section 18750(k) (Register 2013, No. 19).
Back to Subchapter 5 Table of Contents