(a) Effective Date of Determination.
(1) All determinations issued will be effective ten (10) days after issuance, provided that requests for copies, reprints or reissuance of prior determinations shall not affect the original effective date unless a new effective date is reflected upon the determination (see subdivision (3) below). Any call for bids put out on or after the effective date of the determination must reflect that determination unless the Director determines that subdivision (4) of this section is applicable, after notification and request by an awarding body.
(2) Determinations issued by the Director will show an issue date and will ordinarily show an expiration date.
(3) All determinations will remain in effect until their expiration date or until modified, corrected, rescinded or superseded by the Director.
(4) Determinations modified, corrected, rescinded or superseded on the basis of information contained in copies of collective bargaining agreements filed with the Department shall not be effective as to any project in which a call for bids takes place less than 30 days after the filing of the agreement.
Note: See Section 1773.1 of the Labor Code.
(5) It shall be the responsibility of the awarding body to ensure that the correct determination is used.
(b) Modification of Effective Date of Determination by Asterisks. Meaning of single and double asterisks. Prevailing wage determinations with a single asterisk (*) after the expiration date which are in effect on the date of advertisement for bids remain in effect for the life of the project. Prevailing wage determinations with double asterisks (**) after the expiration date indicate that the basic hourly wage rate, overtime and holiday pay rates, and employer payments to be paid for work performed after this date have been predetermined. If work is to extend past this date, the new rate must be paid and should be incorporated in contracts entered into now. The contractor should contact the Prevailing Wage Unit, DLSR, or the awarding body to obtain predetermined wage changes. All determinations that do not have double asterisks (**) after the expiration date remain in effect for the life of the project.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1773.5, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 1770, 1773 and 1773.1, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsections (a)(3) and (b) filed 2-20-92; operative 3-23-92
(Register 92, No. 13).
2. Amendment of subsection (a)(3), repealer and new subsection (b) and amendment of Note filed 12-27-96; operative 1-26-97 (Register 96, No. 52).
3. Change without regulatory effect repealing 12-27-96 amendments to section and Note filed 2-19-99 (Register 99, No. 8). Pursuant to Sacramento Superior Court Order Issued 6-4-97 in Case 97CS 00471 the amendments filed 12-27-96 and effective 1-27-97 were invalidated and the prior regulations were reinstated.
Go Back to Article 4 Table of Contents