|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
(a) The Manager of Self-Insurance Plans is the authorized representative of the Director. The Manager is authorized to:
(1) Issue notice of intention to revoke a certificate and to deny a request for a certificate or a certificate to administer;.
(2) Receive requests for a hearing by parties enumerated in section 15430 of these regulations;
(3) Schedule hearings;
(4) Perform all administrative duties as required to conduct a hearing, including granting of extensions of time requested in writing upon a showing of good cause;
(5) Hear and determine an appeal by any party aggrieved by the result of the self-insurance administrator examination; and
(6) Hear and determine an appeal regarding the revocation of a certificate to administer prescribed in article 12 of these regulations.
(b) In all other hearings and appeals the Director or hearing officer shall perform all functions necessary to conduct a hearing.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 54, 55 and 3702.10, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 59, 3700, 3701, 3701.5, 3702, 3702.1, 3702.7, 3702.10, and 3740-3747, Labor Code; Sections 11181-11188, 15378, Government Code.
1. Amendment filed 12-17-90; operative 1-16-91 (Register 91, No. 6).
Go Back to Article 11 Table of Contents