This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.
Chapter 8. Office of the Director
Subchapter 2. Administration of Self-Insurance Plans
Article 4. Assessments
§15230. Private Sector License Fee Assessment.
(a) After July 1, 2001, an annual license fee shall be assessed by the Manager against each private self-insurer and paid by each private self-insurer on the following basis:
Number of Employees Single Adjusting
7000 and over $8000
* An additional $300 per adjusting location for every location over 1.
The fees shall apply against the last full year Self-Insurer's Annual Report submitted. If two or more annual reports are prepared from separate records at the same address, they shall be counted as separate adjusting locations.
(b) If the above table fails to produce sufficient funds to meet the total anticipated costs for the administration of the self-insurance program by the Director, an additional charge per employee covered by each self- insurance plan shall be made to cover these costs.
(c) The Manager shall invoice each private self-insurer on or before October 1 of each year an assessment for the total cost of administration of the private Self-Insurance Plans program for the current fiscal year. Payment is due 30 days after the date of the invoice.
(d) Each private self insured certificate holder whose certificate is revoked after June 30, 2001 shall pay the full license fee assessment for the next five full calendar years after the date of revocation order or until its security deposit no longer exceeds the statutory minimum.
|| Note: Authority cited: Sections 54, 55, 3702.5 and 3702.10, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 59, 3700, 3702.5 and 3702.10, Labor Code.
1. Repealer of article 4 (section 15230) and new article 4 (sections 15230-15233) filed 6-1-72; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 72, No. 23).
2. Amendment filed 1-21-92; operative 2-20-92 (Register 92, No. 13).
3. New subsection (e) filed 7-27-93; operative 8-26-93 (Register 93, No. 31).
4. Amendment of article heading filed 6-30-94; operative 6-30-94 (Register 94, No. 26).
5. Amendment of subsections (a), (c) and (e) filed 4-19-2001; operative 5-19- 2001 (Register 2001, No. 16).
6. Amendment filed 3-2-2009; operative 3-2-2009 pursuant to Government Codesection 11343.4 (Register 2009, No. 10).
Go Back to Article 4 Table of Contents