|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
(a) The Labor Commissioner may revoke or suspend a registration or deny an application for a registration if the registrant or applicant has:
(1) Falsified or directed the falsification of any statement in an application or in any document that accompanies the application.
(2) Misrepresented or directed another person to misrepresent a significant fact orally or in writing to the minor, the minor's parent or guardian, a member of the public, a school official, a labor investigator, or a law enforcement officer related to:
(A) The minor's activity or prospective activity in the door-to-door sales operation, including, but not limited to, the nature of the minor's work activity, its purpose, location, or duration; or
(B) The nature or purpose of the door-to-door sales operation. The misrepresentation may be contained in, but not limited to, an advertisement, brochure, circular, or written or oral agreement, or written or oral statement; or
(C) Any other significant fact concerning the door-to-door sales operation.
(3) Violated or willfully aided or abetted a person in the violation of any law or regulation related to door-to-door sales, employment, the payment of wages, health and safety, or the health and morals of a minor, including any law or regulation that prohibits contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
(4) Failed to comply with any provision of this Subchapter.
(5) Failed to notify the Labor Commissioner in writing of any change in the promotional materials or any work agreement with the minor.
(b) If after investigation, the Labor Commissioner determines that the applicant does not possess the requisite character, competency, or responsibility, a registration may be suspended, revoked, or the application denied.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 54, 55, 59, 1308.2, 1308.3, 1311, 1398, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 1286, 1308.1, 1308.2, 1308.3, 1308.4, Labor Code.
1. New Section filed 7-23-98; operative 8-22-98 (Register 98, No. 30).
Go Back to Subchapter 10 Table of Contents