(a) Electronic document filing shall be filed in accordance with the following standards:
(1) All electronically filed documents shall be submitted by using the appropriate e-form or XML file.
(2) Any document that is required to accompany an electronic form shall be filed as an attachment to the electronic form and shall be submitted in one of the following four file formats: “PDF/A1-a (Portable Document Format),” “DOC ( “.doc” Microsoft Word document),” “XLS” ( “.xls” Microsoft Excel worksheet sheet),” or “TIFF ( “.tif or .tiff” Tagged Image File Format).” Filing using the “PDF/A1-a” is preferred.
(3) With the exception of electronic forms and required attachments, no embedded data shall be allowed in electronically filed documents.
(4) The filing party shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the filing does not contain computer code, including viruses that might be harmful to EAMS or to other users of EAMS. Any electronically submitted document that is determined to contain a virus or other potentially harmful computer code may not be processed and may be deleted.
(5) If it is necessary to attach a document to an e-form, the filing party shall verify the readability of the scanned document before submitting it to EAMS.
(b) Service of any document that has been filed electronically shall include a copy of the entire e-form, all attachments and EAMS cover sheet. The proof of service for any electronically filed document shall identify the serving office's EAMS administrator and provide that individual's contact information.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 111, 133 and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 126, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 12-31-2012 as an emergency; operative 1-1-2013 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.1(d) (Register 2013, No. 1). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 7-1-2013 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.