(a) Initial applications will be accepted from the date the Request for Applications is issued until March 31, 1994.
(b) The following will be given priority in selecting participants in the pilot project:
(1) Joint labor-management proposals.
(2) Proposals targeting employers who have previously not offered health benefits for non occupational injuries and illness to their employees.
(3) Proposals which include appropriate control groups to assist the evaluation process.
(4) Proposals which provide for coordinated administration of indemnity benefits, as well as medical benefits, including workers' compensation temporary disability benefits, state disability insurance benefits, and private disability benefits, while retaining separate administration of the compensation required under Division 4 (commencing with Section 3200) of the Labor Code.
(5) Proposals which will operate in more than one pilot project county.
(6) Proposals which provide parity in coverage between occupational and non occupational injuries and illness.
(7) Proposals which will commence on January 1, 1994.
(c) Proposals approved for participation in the pilot project shall commence no earlier than January 1, 1994 and shall terminate no later than December 31, 1997.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 133, 4612, and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 4612, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 8-31-93; operative 8-31-93. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 93, No. 36).
2. Amendment of section heading and subsection (c) filed 10-11-94; operative 10-11-94. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 94, No. 41).
Go Back to Subchapter 1.7 Table of Contents