This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.
Division 1. Department of Industrial Relations
Chapter 4.5. Division of Workers' Compensation
Subchapter 1.5. Injuries on or After January 1, 1990
Article 7.5. Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit
§10133.58. State Approved or Accredited Schools.
(a) This section shall apply to all injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2004.
(b) For injuries between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2012, private providers of education-related retraining or skill enhancement selected to provide training as part of a supplemental job displacement benefit shall be:
(1) approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Education (www.bppe.ca.gov), or a California state agency that has an agreement with the Bureau for the regulation and oversight of non-degree-granting private postsecondary institutions; or
(2) accredited by one of the Regional Associations of Schools and Colleges authorized by the United States Department of Education; or
(3) by a California State agency that has an agreement with the United States Department of Education or Regional Associations of School and Colleges for the regulation and oversight of non-degree granting private post secondary providers; or
(4) certified by the Federal Aviation Administration.
(c) For injuries on or after January 1, 2013, private providers of education-related retraining or skill enhancement selected to provide training as part of a supplement job displacement benefit shall be certified and on the state's Eligible Training Provider List at http://etpl.edd.ca.gov/wiaetplind.htm.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 133, 4658.5 and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4658.5 and 4658.7, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 6-6-2005; operative 8-1-2005 (Register 2005, No. 23).
2. Amendment filed 11-17-2008; operative 11-17-2008 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2008, No. 47).
3. Amendment of section and Note filed 12-20-2012 as an emergency; operative 1-1-2013 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.1(d) (Register 2012, No. 51). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 7-1-2013 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
Back to Subchapter 1.5 Table of Contents