|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Employers shall provide training in the various precautions and safe practices relating to employees' job assignment(s) as described in this article and other applicable orders, and shall require that employees do not engage in these activities until they have received proper training. However, where the employer can demonstrate that an employee is already trained in the precautions and safe practices required herein prior to employment, additional training need not be provided. Where training is required, it shall consist of on-the-job or classroom-type training or a combination of both. The employer shall certify that employees have been trained by preparing a certification record which includes the identity of the person trained, the signature of the employer or the person who conducted the training, and the date the training was completed. The certification record shall be prepared at the completion of the training maintained for the duration of the employee's assignment. The certification record shall be made available upon request to the Division. Such training shall, where appropriate, include the following subjects:
(1) Recognition and avoidance of dangers relating to encounters with harmful substances, and animal, insect, or plant life.
(2) Procedures to be followed in emergency situations.
(3) First-aid training, including instruction in artificial respiration and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation and refresher course as needed to keep training updated.
(4) Work area protection and traffic control.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 3-30-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 14).
2. Amendment of subsections (a) and (a)(2) filed 11-3-87; operative 12-3-87 (Register 87, No. 45).
3. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 2-15-90; operative 3-17-90 (Register 90, No. 8).
Go Back to Telecommunication Safety Orders, Article 1 Table of Contents