| Return to index
(1) A competent person shall inspect all drilling and associated equipment prior to use. Equipment defects affecting safety shall be corrected before the equipment is used.
(2) The drill area shall be inspected for hazards before the drilling operation is started.
(3) Employees shall not be allowed on a drill mast while the drill bit is in operation or the drill machine is being moved.
(4) Drills on columns shall be anchored firmly before starting drilling, and shall be retightened as necessary thereafter.
(5) Scaling bars shall be available at all underground drill sites.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 142.3 and 7997, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3 and 7997, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of Article 15 heading and new section filed 3-5-96; operative 4-4-96 (Register 96, No. 10).
Go Back to Tunnel Safety Orders, Article 14 Table of Contents