| Return to index
(a) Boilers annually inspected internally and externally by qualified inspectors employed by a company, city or county, may be exempt from annual inspections by qualified safety engineers employed by the division providing:
(1) Reports of inspection are submitted on prescribed forms to the Division within 21 days after the date of inspection.
(2) The boiler and all of its appurtenances complies with these orders as a minimum standard of safety.
(3) The report of inspection lists all repairs or changes ordered and the qualified inspector notifies the division when such repairs or changes have been satisfactorily completed.
(4) The permit to operate is posted on or near the boiler to which it applies.
(b) Nothing in this order shall prevent a qualified safety engineer employed by the division from inspecting any boiler. However, no fee shall be charged by the division where the annual inspection has been made and the report of inspection submitted to the division by a qualified inspector within the 21 days specified above and the permit to operate is posted on or near the boiler.
(c) Qualified inspectors employed by insurance companies shall notify the Division within 21 days of the name of the owner or user, as shown on the permit to operate, and the location and state serial number of every boiler requiring a permit to operate on which insurance has been refused, canceled, or discontinued, and shall give the reasons why.
(d) Qualified inspectors employed by other than insurance companies shall notify the Division within 21 days of the name of the owner or user and the location and state serial number of every boiler requiring a permit to operate and inspected by them which is removed from service or which is considered unsafe for further service as a boiler and shall give the reasons why.
1. Amendment filed 11-2-66; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 66, No. 38). Approved by State Building Standards Commission.