|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) These orders establish minimum standards for:
(1) The design, construction, installation, inspection, operation, and repair of all power boilers and nuclear boilers in California not specifically exempted from these Orders.
(2) The design, construction, installation, operation, and repair of all low-pressure boilers and high-temperature water boilers in California not specifically exempted from these Orders.
(3) The design and construction of fired pressure vessels in California not specifically exempted from these orders.
(b) After the date on which these orders become effective, all installations and equipment shall conform to these orders.
EXCEPTION: Existing installations and equipment which were in compliance with safety orders, or variances therefrom, in effect prior to the effective date of these safety orders, unless the hazard presented by the installation or equipment is, in the judgment of the Chief of the Division, of such severity as to warrant control by the application of the applicable sections of these orders.
NOTE: Unless otherwise designated in this subchapter, the phrase "Division" refers to the current Division of Occupational Safety and Health or any of its predecessors including the former Division of Industrial Safety or the Division of Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Reference to the former Division of Industrial Safety or Division of Occupational Safety and Health Administration in these orders is meant to refer to their successor, the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, or any subsequent successor agency.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 6307, Labor Code. Additional authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3 and 6302(d), Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new subsection (b) filed 8-12-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 33). For prior history, see Register 66, No. 38.
2. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 7-6-79 as procedural and organizational; effective upon filing (Register 79, No. 27).
Go Back to Article 1 Table of Contents