|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) The provisions of Section 5566(a) shall not prohibit the temporary use of movable tanks in conjunction with the dispensing of flammable or combustible liquids into the fuel tanks of motor vehicles or other motorized equipment on premises not normally accessible to the public.
(b) The provisions of Section 5566(a) shall not prohibit the dispensing of Class I and Class II liquids in the open from a tank vehicle to a motor vehicle. Such dispensing shall be permitted provided:
(1) The dispensing is done on premises not open to the public.
(2) The dispensing hose does not exceed 50 feet in length.
(3) The dispensing nozzle is a listed automatic-closing type.
NOTE: Authority and reference cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 5-12-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 20).
2. Amendment filed 12-12-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 50).
Go Back to Article 144 Table of Contents