|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
This article shall apply only to the storage of flammable or combustible liquids in drums or other containers (including flammable aerosols) not exceeding 60 gallons individual capacity and those portable tanks not exceeding 660 gallons individual capacity.
EXCEPTIONS: This article shall not apply to the following:
(1) Storage of containers in bulk plants, service stations, refineries, chemical plants, wineries and distilleries.
(2) Flammable or combustible liquids in the fuel tanks of a motor vehicle, aircraft, boat or portable or stationary engine.
(3) Flammable or combustible paints, oils, varnishes and similar mixtures used for painting or maintenance when not kept for a period in excess of 30 days.
(4) Beverages when packaged in individual containers not exceeding one gallon in size.
(5) Medicines, foodstuffs, cosmetics and other consumer items containing not more than 50 percent by volume of water miscible flammable or combustible liquids and with the remainder of the solution not being flammable when packaged in individual containers not exceeding one gallon in size.
(Title 24, T8-5531)
1. Amendment filed 7-16-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 29).
Go Back to Article 141 Table of Contents