|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(1) A single container up to 500 gallons capacity may be located not less than 3 feet from an important building provided there is no opening in the building within 10 feet.
(2) A single container 501 to 1200 gallons capacity may be located not less than 3 feet from an important building provided there is no opening in the building within 25 feet.
(b) No stationary storage container shall be located less than 10 feet from the nearest street line or sidewalk, or less than 50 feet from the center line of any railroad main track.
(c) Installation of stationary LP-Gas containers on the rooftop shall be prohibited.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 13241, Health and Safety Code.
1. Amendment filed 4-1-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 14). For prior history, see Register 76, No. 32.
2. New subsection (g) filed 9-11-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 37).
3. Amendment filed 4-13-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 16).
4. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 9-3-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 36).
5. Amendment of section and Note filed 12-4-96; operative 1-3-97 (Register 96, No. 49).
6. New subsection (c) filed 1-30-2002; operative 3-1-2002 (Register 2002, No. 5)
Go Back to Article 5 Table of Contents