| Return to index
(a) Each owner or operator of a passenger tramway shall report or cause to be reported to the Division each known incident where maintenance, operation, or use of such tramway results in injury to any person unless such injury does not require medical service other than ordinary first aid treatment.
(b) A report for such an incident shall be made to the Division in writing within five (5) days. In addition, an incident resulting in a fatality or in an injury to five (5) or more persons shall be reported to the Division by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours.
(c) Reports are to include the following information:
(1) Name of the area and address where the tramway is located;
(2) Tramway name and State number;
(3) Date and time of day of injury;
(4) Location of the incident on the tramway;
(5) Names of the operator and all conductors and attendants engaged in the operation of the tramway at the time of the injury;
(6) Names and addresses of the injured;
(7) Types of injuries for each person involved;
(8) A full description of what happened to cause the injury.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 10-25-73 as an emergency; effective upon filing (Register 73, No. 43).
2. New section filed 3-29-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 13).
3. Repealer of article 4 heading and section 3154 and renumbering of section 3153 to section 3154 and amendment of section and Note filed 3-23-93; operative 4-22-93 (Register 93, No. 13).
Go Back to Article 1 Table of Contents