| Return to index
Except as specifically modified in this Article, all other requirements of this Order for permanent wiring shall also apply to temporary wiring installations.
(a) Temporary electrical power and lighting installations of 600 volts, nominal, or less may be used only as follows:
(1) During and for the period of construction, remodeling, maintenance, repairs, or demolition of buildings, structures, equipment or similar activities; or
(2) For a period not to exceed 90 days for work associated with non-permanent work locations, such as carnivals, music festivals, Christmas decorative lighting, Christmas tree lots, and similar purposes; or
(3) For the period of work associated with experimental or developmental work and during emergencies.
(b) Temporary wiring shall be removed immediately upon completion of the project or purpose for which the wiring was installed.
(c) Temporary electrical installations of more than 600 volts shall be in accordance with the High-Voltage Electrical Safety Orders.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer of Article 13 (Sections 2405.1-2405.3) and new Article 13 (Sections 2405.1-2405.4) filed 8-9-79; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 79, No. 32).
2. Amendmentfiled 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).Go Back to Article 13 Table of Contents