|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Electric Power-Operated Tools. The use of electric cords for hoisting or lowering tools shall not be permitted.
(b) Pneumatic Power Tools.
(1) All hose connections including that one at the tool shall be secured by some positive means to prevent accidental disconnection unless a suitable ball check device or equivalent is provided at the air source.
(2) The manufacturer's safe operating pressure for hoses, pipes, valves, filters, and other fittings shall not be exceeded.
(3) The use of hoses for hoisting or lowering tools shall not be permitted.
(c) Hydraulic Power Tools. The manufacturer's safe operating pressures for hoses, valves, pipes, filters, and other fittings shall not be exceeded.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 1-7-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 2).
2. Amendment filed 1-15-75 as an emergency; designated effective 2-6-75. Certificate of Compliance included (Register 75, No. 2).
3. Repealer and new section filed 2-6-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 6).
4. Amendment filed 1-13-87; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 87, No. 4).
5. Change without regulatory effect relettering former subsection (d) to subsection (c) (Register 87, No. 20).
Go Back to Article 28 Table of Contents