| Return to index
(a) Construction areas, ramps, corridors, offices, shops and storage areas, etc., shall be lighted to not less than the minimum illumination intensities in the following Table while work is in progress.
Minimum Illumination Intensities In Foot-Candles
Note: For areas or operations not covered above, refer to the recommended illumination values contained in the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) of North America, Committee on Industrial Lighting, American National Standard, (ANSI/IES) Practice for Industrial Lighting, Publication RP-7-1991.
(b) Nighttime highway construction work lighting shall be provided within the work zone to illuminate the task(s) in a manner that will minimize glare to work crews and not interfere with the vision of oncoming motorists (e.g. providing screens, mounting lamps below the top edge of the barrier wall, varying the beam angle, etc.)
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 7-12-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 28).
2. Amendment filed 5-21-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 21).
3. Repealer and new section filed 11-14-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 46).
4. New NOTE filed 9-27-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 40).
5. Redesignation and amendment of existing section as subsection (a) and new
subsection (b) filed 7-13-2004; operative 8-12-2004 (Register 2004, No. 29).
Go Back to Article 3 Table of Contents